Community Forum

Outages...

Frequent Visitor

Outages...

It would be a huge help if you could offer txt message notifications regarding outages and returned service! Before I start tearing equipment apart problem solving and when service is restored. Always in the dark about what’s going on with our service. Other utilities offer this option, why is not considered here?!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Outages...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/ can be helpful if you are able to check it, but be aware that the site sometimes reports "touble" when you don't have any, and sometimes "looks good" when there's a problem.

Official Employee

Hi Wanbli61. Thanks for posting on our Forum. Using our status support page is the easiest way to keep track of a service interruption. We official employees can also help set your account to notify you when an existing service interruption status changes. If and when needed, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

There’s been so many outages that our bills should be adjusted!!! In the meantime yes, I would indeed like notifications please...
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Wanbli61 - 

I can help. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I replied - but no response!!!
Official Employee

I don't see any private messages from you. When did you send the PM? 

Frequent Visitor

The day after you made the offer!
Frequent Visitor

I had to do it via another outage (of course) via cellular signal... Don’t know if that could cause a ‘no delivery’...
Official Employee

Are you able to send me another PM? I don't see anything from you. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

If you recall, it was regarding getting notified of an outage and when restored via txt message. You said to contact you to set that up. Like most internet users I rely on access for researching, being without so much lately is causing pause in my account...
So are you able to help with this?
Official Employee

Yes, I can set you up with notifications. In order to do that, I'll need your first and last name to be sent to me in a PM, please. 

Frequent Visitor

*Removed private information*

Official Employee

Looks like you sent your name on the public thread, but I was able to remove it. For the security of your account, please select my name "ComcastAlly" and select "Send a message." If you do not have the option available to send me a PM, let me know.