Community Forum

Outages: paying for 20 hrs of internet a day

New Poster

Outages: paying for 20 hrs of internet a day

Doesn’t really matter where I post this, it is always the SAME issue with this company.

I’m having outages 4-5 times a day, varying in length from 5 minutes to an hour. This has been going on for over two months and only getting worse! I’m paying for 24 hours of internet connection but getting 20 if I’m lucky. And of course the outages occur during the afternoon and evening, when I’m trying to run a small business.

This will be the third time I’ll have soon goon come out to check the situation, and likely tell me “everything looks great on our end” and blame me for the issue.

In 25 years of using the internet and having a variety of ISP, Comcast/Xfinity is the clearly the worst. Roadrunner was the best. Unfortunately I live in an area where I only have two options, and the house I rented came with xfinity set up.

I’ve had it with this service My contract ends at the end of this month, and I can’t wait to get Google Fiber! Good luck to everyone else.
Expert

Re: Outages: paying for 20 hrs of internet a day

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.