Community Forum

Outage

Highlighted
New Poster

Outage

What is the estimated time to resolve the outage in Mableton?
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Outage

Use the my account app to keep updated on outages

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Would love to know the answer to that as well.   I tried calling and can't get to a live person.   Tried Comcast Cares on Twitter and no response......HELP!

Highlighted
New Poster

It is ridiculous. I have been without internet for four days now and two of them were school days. With Covid-19 my son does online only right now. He can’t get any work done and the company has no updates for resolution and they refuse to get you to an agent. BTW I can’t work either so that means I don’t get paid.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Outage - get notified, get credit (and good luck)

Yes, you can look at an outage map, when you are in the middle of an outage (sometimes).

No, you will not get notified of a planned or unplanned outage with the app (or website).  There is no way a user can set up notifications for such events.   In theory, customer service can set you up for notifications, upon request.    You can text "HELP" to XfinityAlerts (87808) and you'll get a limited menu. You can also text "OUTAGE" and you will get status if this outage is planned or documented.  

No, you will not get credit for a planned or unplanned outage, under most circumstances, even if you try from this link.  You will have to call.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/account-management/credits/outage/details
Yes, you can call and ask for a credit, which may (or may not) be posted to your account in 72 hours.