Community Forum

Outage, not an outage

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Outage, not an outage

I was working outside and a Comcast tech came to our court and started playing with our cable.  We never called anyone.  He said some nonsense about feedback.  I said well you guys were here a while back and fixed everything, no one is getting access till this mess is over.  He leaves.  I go in and tv and internet are down.  I call Comcast, reset everything power off everything and call Comcast again. They give the COVID routine, then they say a tech was out for a reported outage.  Last outage I called about was months ago and happened because I accidentally turned off the new booster box that Comcast put in A while back.  I was on hold forever.  Went outside where he was and found a small connector he put between cable and my house.  I took it off, everything is working fine.  He better not show up again.  Been looking to cancel cable, give me an excuse.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Outage, not an outage

That was a filter that you removed. As the tech said your house is backfeeding noise. If it was bad enough to put a filter on, expect another one in the future. Your house is causing neighborhood issues.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Then I will take that one off, you don't kill my service and leave. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

That was maintenance, it’s their job to identify the cause of an outage or drop in signal or interference(you) and get the neighborhood back to good. There should be notes on your account with a job set up waiting for you to schedule a residential tech to do their thing.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Spoiler

Spoke to my brother who installs satellite and cable, he thinks the filter is bad. No one called before he came out, just killed my service and left without a word.  If I hadn't fixed it we would be here now waiting for a tech to show up in the next two weeks.    He also said he has never had to install one, said he saw some on existing stuff, but never had to put one on, not in decades.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

The filter wasn’t bad, it did what it was intended to do, shut your service down. It’s usually done by the maintenance Or good techs who check for noise/ingress. You didn’t “fix it“, you made it work...

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @Aom61, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. I definitely want to further look into this and get to the bottom of it, so that this does not occur again. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!