Community Forum

Outage credit/compensation

Regular Visitor

Outage credit/compensation

Hi,

I've recently had an Internet/TV outage for the last 2 and a half days here, as it went out around 2am on Sept 4th. So it's been about 64 hours now. It just came back on. I was checking the status over the 2 days, and a "resolution time" kept getting pushed further and further ahead. Checking it now, it still says there's an outage.. but things seems to be okay for now.

The last time an outage happened, Comcast compensated credit into my account for the days it was out. So, looking to see if I can get credit again for this outage and the days I was without service. Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Outage credit/compensation

Hello, MFerrell! Thanks for reaching out to us for help getting compensated appropriately for the time you were without service. We understand how inconvenient it is not having service so we definitely want to make sure we get this addressed for you.  Please send us a private message with your first and last name so we can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "Comcast_Support", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Just a quick "thanks" to Comcast for giving me a bill credit when an outage was not even their fault--a construction crew cut through the cable and disrupted service to over 2000 customers in my area. No, I'm not a rose-colored-glasses wearing, Comcast-can-do-no-wrong devotee, but I also believe in giving kudos when deserved and, really, they could have simply said, "We didn't cause the outage, go talk to the construction company," so this kind of customer service is appreciated. 

Official Employee

Hi WAPhilsPhan, thank you for taking the time to post here about your recent experience.   Please reach back out if you need any assistance in the future and we will gladly help!

Thank you for your time!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!