Community Forum

Outage Reports

teaman
New Poster

Outage Reports

My xFinity cable service is down and has been for 2 days now. What is upsetting is that  I can not get ahold of any human being at xFinity to tell me:
* How many are impacted by the outage

* Are crews working on my outage

* When will they expect it to be resolved (even in terms of days would be helpful)

Your phone number is useless! It simply says you are aware of an outage and that it will be fixed as soon as possible. That gives no information on how big the outage is or when you expect to have a fix.

Your website does not have any way to contact anyone! No email form. No phone number to a human.

Your chat bot is useless. Takes me to a status center that says it will be resolved as soon as possible. That is assumed! But give us a better estimate of approximately when.

The outage map simply shows my address location... again USELESS! I know where I live. Comparing to PGE for my electrical outage, they report how many customers are impacted at least.

Tom... head of xFinity... your company can do better!  Plan to refund your customers for the period of time we have no service! Paying for no service is not appropriate.

ComcastMichele
Official Employee

Re: Outage Reports

@teaman, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your service disruption,. I am so very sorry to hear that you are experiencing so much trouble reaching someone. I would love to look further into the service issues. Can you please reach out through private message (find out how to do so with this link https://comca.st/37mApLg) with your first and last name, name on the account if different and service address? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!