Community Forum

Outage Map

New Poster

Outage Map

Why does Comcast lack transparency regarding area outages? They should make available in your account the ability to report and see internet outages in your area on a map, service process, maybe phone and TV. I have been experiencing signal lose from 75MB (I pay for) to 30 MB during morning and afternoon times. http://speedtest.xfinity.com/results/JDW6YBOMSD7Z8T7

I rebooted the latest upgrade modem on Saturday but it has not helped.

IF I had a map I would be able to see if the problem was being reported by others. If it was reported, I may not bother calling your phone support to sit on hold, after going through AI voice dystopia. It could be viewed like a Google traffic map overlay. 

Expert

Re: Outage Map

If you have alternative internet access you can check for outages here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/

View Outage Information with XFINITY My Account App

Download the XFINITY My Account app for Apple devices from iTunes
Download the XFINITY My Account app for Android devices from Google Play

• My Account app.If an outage has been detected, the app will display a message as soon as you log in.

On the app's screen, a message reads "TV Outage Reported, Estimated resolution time: 5 PM."

• Tap the outage information to check the area again or to learn more.
      The screen offers the option to choose Refresh Status or Outage Details.

The Outage Details screen says "Internet Outage: We should have this fixed by 5pm today."

The Outage Details screen describes two Internet outages that are going on simultaneously and provides an estimated time of repair for each outage.

View Local Outage Information on XFINITY.com

1. Access My Account online from a mobile device.
  2. Tap Connection Status.
  3. Sign in.
  4. Your device will display information about your connection status.

If you've registered your mobile phone number to receive text alerts, you can also text OUT to 266278 (COMCST).

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.