Community Forum

Outage For 3 Days so Far

Regular Contributor

Outage For 3 Days so Far

And no one can tell me why, or when it'll be repaired.  All services out.

There's been an outage in my area since Sunday evening.  Today is Wednesday late afternoon, and still there is no estimated repair time.

I called in and was told this morning that the techs were just waiting for a ping response from two of the three nodes they were working on, and all would be fixed at 10am.

10am came and went, still outage

Comcast site then report fix at noon.

Noon passes and no fix.  Site now reports fix at 3pm.

You guessed it, but site now reports fix at 2:22pm.  Very odd.

Did a repairman dig up a cable by accident?  Did major hardware go down?  Why have they been on the verge of getting this fixed for 3 days, but just can't seem to get it done?  And why was I told they are installing Innovative Features while the site says 'unplanned outage'?

zip codes are 95662, 95610, and 95621

I call and am told they are installing Innovative Features in the area, and it could take a week.  What?

I tell them but their own site says 'unplanned outage', nothing about upgrading for up to a week.  All of us in the area (3 zipcodesd) would have gotten an email or a door hanger letting us know.  But I shouldn't worry because they will be sure I get a credit.  Oh, boy.

Regular Contributor

Re: Outage For 3 Days so Far

Comcast texted me that service was back up as of Wednesday, June 19, 4:54 pm.  They also sent me an email showing I'd get a $5.13 credit.  That seems way too little for nearly four days outage.  Outage began Sunday, June 9.  Can someone check or explain?

You’re receiving a credit

You’re receiving a $5.13 credit on your Xfinity account. Here are the details:

Credit Description Amount
DIG A/O SERV $0.48
EQPTRACK $0.08
EXP BASIC $1.08
HD DCT BOX $0.16
HD TECH FEE $0.25
LIMITED BAS $0.48
PERFPROREV $2.05
RNTXIONLYEQ $0.43
STMPXALC $0.12
Total $5.13
Official Employee

Hi, anon86290! Thank you for posting in our community! I can check your account and see if the credit amount was correct or not. Please send me your first and last name in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@anon86290 - Thank you for letting me know that you already got assistance from other colleagues. I'm locking this thread but please don't ever hesitate to reach us here in Xfinity Forum. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!