Community Forum

Ordered XB7 new gateway and got old XB6

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ordered XB7 new gateway and got old XB6

Last week I talked to the Comcast representative regarding availability of new XB7 gateway. I was told that yes I can get XB7. I asked 3 times to make sure that we are talking about XB7 and not XB6 and each time was assured I will get XB7. So in 3 days UPS dropped box with XB6...?! 

This type of debacle with wrong equipment delivered happened to me already 3 times over last few years. Why there is such a huge disconnect between ordering and processing teams?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Ordered XB7 new gateway and got old XB6

I had the same issue last week. Was told they shipped a XB7, got a XB6. Did a second order, it auto closed the order and nothing shipped. Did the same a 3rd time. Finally the fourth chat person said they have no inventory. Then checked local stores and they had none.

Highlighted
New Poster

Just had the same exact thing happen. I was pretty excited about the 7 honestly. I was on the phone for a while after they sent me the wrong one and after escalating the issue to managers, they still couldn’t figure it out because self install kits weren’t happening. I am waiting for another call back tonight and see if they make something happen. It seems like it would be plug and play like the xb6...
Highlighted
New Poster

Have been going through same problem for 2 weeks trying to get xb7, have received 4 xb6 to date. Believe whoever packages there self install kits is messing up as all of my kits have xb7 printed in them with of course xb6 inside. Very painful trying to get this resolved and dealing with them on a daily basis.
Highlighted
New Poster

Any chance you're in the Florida area or had your incorrect units shipped out of their Davenport, FL warehouse? I've had 2 incorrect modems shipped to me now to replace a faulty XB6 and am already over waiting on hold for a customer service agent to help me.

Highlighted
New Poster

The same exact thing happened to me. I had an order placed for an XB-7 and they shipped an XB-6 from Davenport, Florida. After complaining and having orders placed for me at least 6 more times and having nothing ever shipped, I finally got a box delivered yesterday. I was all excited just to find out they shipped another XB-6. I went to a Comcast partner store(the only one opened here in South Florida and was told the XB-7 boxes are on backorder. The problem is that either the order gets dropped automatically because there is no inventory , or they just grab a XB-6 instead of letting their customers and reps know. Very poor service! I returned the XB-6.