Community Forum

Orange cable in yard for a YEAR, Comcast won't bury because it doesn't serve my house

New Poster

Orange cable in yard for a YEAR, Comcast won't bury because it doesn't serve my house

Hi,

I've had an orange drop cable running through my front yard, through a hole in my wooden fence, through my side yard, through my back yard, out another hole in the back fence and then several hundred feet through city open space to another house several doors down (though I'm not sure which house, as I lose the cable in the open space weeds/bushes before I can figure out the final destination).  It's been cut by the city mowing crew once already and the Comcast tech promised me it would be buried. That was several months ago.  Nothing.  I called to have it buried by the comcast contractor but they refuse to bury it since it doesn't serve MY house (even though it's laying in my yard and hanging from my fences).  Three requests to have this thing buried have been ignored.  I have a call into my attorney now, to see what legal recourse I have, if any...what's it going to take to get this thing buried??  It's been a YEAR.  

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Orange cable in yard for a YEAR, Comcast won't bury because it doesn't serve my house

Frustrating, coloultrarunner! That is a long time to wait. Let me see what I can do for you about this. Please start by sending me a private message with your name (first and last) and we can continue from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!