Community Forum

Orange cable in my yard for 6 WEEKS

Regular Visitor

Orange cable in my yard for 6 WEEKS

There's an orange cable thats been in my yard (and 2 of my neighbor's yards) for 6 weeks. Various comcast reps have already told me they've escalated my concern and that someone will be out to bury it. The first such instance was in mid August, then late August, then early September. And after each time, no one has ever called back to tell me when it's going to happen like they promised, and it just continues to sit there in the yard(s). And FYI, the utility company had already marked the gas/electric lines the second week of August, and there really is no other excuse.

And now today, another chat rep has given me yet another promise that it will be done by 9/14, but for some reason I doubt it will happen. Maybe someone here can help me....

Official Employee Digital Care

Re: Orange cable in my yard for 6 WEEKS

Greetings, cmnkb8! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with trying to get this drop buried. That's certainly frustrating and we want to make sure this is being resolved. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Orange cable in my yard for 6 WEEKS

I sent a PM to support here through the forums, since Comcast once again did NOT come through on their latest promise to have my line buried by 3PM today. Just to keep everyone else here who may be going through the same issues informed, below is the message I sent to support via PM....

"My name is [redacted] and I am still trying to get the orange cable in my yard, which also runs across my neighbors' yards, buried. My last interaction with chat support on 9/11/19 yielded yet another unfulfilled promise to get it done. I was given a confirmation number, 049-876-024, and was told by the chat rep that the work would be COMPLETED by 3PM today, 9/14. That never happened. Instead I received a phone call around 10:30 this morning, which I missed, from an unnamed Comcast employee who left a voicemail simply stating she was calling from Comcast regarding my appointment request, and to give them a call back using the 1-800 Comcast toll free line to schedule one.  So the appointment still hadn't even been scheduled? Great.

I called 1-800-comcast and was routed to a rep named Dawn in customer care. I told her my plight and she assured me that she will do her best to help. There was just one little problem. According to Dawn, the line bury jobs must be scheduled directly with the "Maintenance" department at Comcast, and as Dawn worked in customer care, she was unable to schedule the appointment for me. Well, she should be able to just transfer me over to them and ..... see now we have another problem. Dawn told me that neither she, nor ANY of her colleagues in customer care, had a number for the Maintenance department. How this could be the case is beyond my comprehension. She also stated, that the person who left me the voicemail message earlier, should have left a different number, and not 1-800 Comcast as the call back. Well now, we're in a bit of a pickle. Dawn then went on to tell me that she will attempt to trace the call in the system, and perhaps reach out to whomever had called me earlier to leave the voicemail to call me back within an hour. That was at 11:30 this morning. It is now 7:15 PM. No call back, line still not buried, and I have no idea who else to contact if the folks here at forum support can't help."