Community Forum

Only option every renewal period is to pay more

Regular Visitor

Only option every renewal period is to pay more

After installing comcast more than 3 years ago, at $25 / month for internet only - I'm now sitting at a $70 bill per month when all I want is internet.

At the end of that first 2 year promotion (which I was completely unaware was a promotion), my bill jumped up in the $50+ range.  I then went through the hoops of trying to find out how to fix it, which I was then told I needed to bundle cable to achieve a price of $40 per month.  Which I did, only to find out my bill was $48 / month for some "service fee" that the sales rep never mentioned to me.  I put up with it.  

A couple weeks ago I had Comcast calling to sell me a new plan, and I asked the rep unless he can offer me something cheaper than what I am paying, I am not interested(which he couldn't).  He also said that my current deal had another 6 months left on it.  Well I looked at my bill earlier this week, and it was just under $70.  I called immediately to find out it apparently ended this month.  And all they could offer me relative to my current price, was a downgrade from 100mbps internet, to 10 mbps internet, at $50 a month.

I had them switch me to it.  I'm currently looking at WoW's internet only deal for 100 mbs, at $40 per month.  If there is any deal or promotion that I'm missing, or if I called the wrong department, I would appreciate a finger in the right direction.  I would love some help, because I will not pay $50 per month for subpar internet.  If there's nothing I can do, I appreciate anyone reading this but I will be switching to WoW.

Official Employee

Re: Only option every renewal period is to pay more

Hi @Weophyte

I can check to see if there are any other promotions for internet only. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!