Community Forum

One Account, Two Homes

New Poster

One Account, Two Homes

Hello,

I am about to move to an apartment but want to keep my internet service at the current home for my parents.

Is it possible to have two internet services for two apartments on one account or would you have to make to separate accounts?

If the answer is no, does Comcast allow transferring an account to someone else's name?

Problem Solver

Re: One Account, Two Homes

Hello jnh37,

It is not possible to have two different addresses on one account. You would have to have two separate accounts. Regarding transferring the account into someone else's name, that is possible. However, contracts and terms and conditions do not carry over to new individuals, so the new customer must undergo positive identification, a credit check and sign new terms and conditions or a contract agreement in order to get an account in his or her name. To process the transfer of ownership for an  account, both parties will need to go into the local Comcast Service Center with a picture identification card. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I have two homes located in different states both served by Comcast.  While each home has it's own account, I can access the accounts through a single log in.

Official Employee

Hi mvogeldenebeim, 

Unfortunately, you can't access both accounts this way. Since both accounts are active, you will have to access the accounts separately with the primary user id on each account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!