Community Forum

On Demand NOT working since the new "deal" was given....

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

On Demand NOT working since the new "deal" was given....

Even when we had a much less extensive selection of channels we had access to the On Demand thing. Yet now even after unplugging the cable box this morning for a bit (10-15 seconds) it gets as far as showing Xfinity On Demand on the screen and then pops up a 'sorry for the issue you're having' message in a blue box on the screen.

Would unplugging it for longer reset it to where the On Demand offerings will come back or is it somehow no longer part of our current lineup and this is the companies way of letting us know?

As it is I am STILL frustrated with the loss of WGN America as that was one of the channels we specifically asked if we would continue to receive after accepting the new deal and was told we would 'get the same channels'.  

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: On Demand NOT working since the new "deal" was given....

I tried leaving the box unplugged this morning for around a minute and it STILL will not go into the On Demand offerings. It gets as far as the Xfinity On Demand logo coming up on screen and then gives us the message about an issue still.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: On Demand NOT working since the new "deal" was given....

Guess I'm going to have to start streaming the episodes via the XFinity website (which doesn't work well on my 7 year old PC) or go to the individual channels own websites and enter my login information for Xfinity to stream directly from them to watch episodes I missed since trying to 'reboot' the box we have hasn't worked TWICE now.