Community Forum

Omar-terrible customer service

New Poster

Omar-terrible customer service

Today I just called the customer services for my aunt who is 90 years old and is not able to speak in English at all. I wanted to find out whether Comcast has received her bill payment made by her Grandaughter through bank, and whether the cable service for the TV can be re-activated. An agent call Omar, work ID 92572 (not sure whether he provided the true info) who answer the phone wanted to verify that my aunt authorized me made the phone call. He insisted to talk to my aunt. I told him my aunt doesn’t speak English. I can translate for them. After answering a few simple questions such as name, street address Omar insisted my aunt to read out the account number which includes 16 digits. My aunt has gone through several strokes in the past 10 years and has difficulty on verbal communication. My aunt got very frustrated she said, “how can I?” (In Chinese). When I explained my aunt’s disabilities  to Omar then he requested to get the last bill amount. I told him the bills was taken last Sunday by my aunt’s granddaughter because she usually take care of the bills, thus we don’t have the actual amount. Omar said I can’t help you. I asked If there are any other ways to help out. Then he repeat the two impossible missions again, “bill amount, account number has to be read out by aunt.” I even asked if he can check with the manager whether there is anything we can do. He rejected. Throughout these 10 years I have been making phone calls to Comcast for my aunt for trouble shootings, equipment request, etc. I have never encountered any problems like this. In the end we were not able to find out whether the bill pay was progress, not even the reactivation. Omar has no empathy to disable seniors, and has no solutions, no flexibility to his jobs. Attitude is rude. I would like to complaint this agent and hope other customers who call for disable seniors won’t have chance to talk to him.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Omar-terrible customer service

Hello tangkh911_99, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your family but Omar was right not to provide any account specific information without you being an authorized user on the account. We ask these questions and take these measures to protect your aunt’s personal information and her account as a whole, this process is not meant to cause any inconvenience on your end. Moving forward the best thing to do is have your aunt add you to her account as an authorized user, if this is not possible you can also help your aunt manage her account by signing into the account online. There you can manage your plan and pay your bill without any hassle.