Community Forum

Old Account issues

Highlighted
New Poster

Old Account issues

I've been having issues with a past due account that I settled with a debt collector on 5/6/2019. The company is called Diversified Consultants. But Xfinity continue to give the collection to Southwest Credit Solutions. I have provided Xfinity and Southwest with all of the information that I have where it was paid, but it repeatedly gets sent to collections. I get told they'll investigate it and someone will call me and I never get called. Then it'll show back up on my credit report with Southwest Credit Solutions. I was told at one point there was a payment made but it was applied to the account incorrectly and that's why there was an issue and that it would be sorted out. It never gets fixed. I was also notified recently that there is another account I have from even further back that had a balance but have never heard of it otherwise through mutliple phone conversations. There hasn't been a collection or a bill sent for that. I do have account numbers for both. I have spent multiple hours trying to get it resolved because I'm not paying for something I've already paid. I'm not sure what else to do.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Old Account issues

@homeswithhelms wrote:

I've been having issues with a past due account that I settled with a debt collector on 5/6/2019. The company is called Diversified Consultants. But Xfinity continue to give the collection to Southwest Credit Solutions. I have provided Xfinity and Southwest with all of the information that I have where it was paid, but it repeatedly gets sent to collections. I get told they'll investigate it and someone will call me and I never get called. Then it'll show back up on my credit report with Southwest Credit Solutions. I was told at one point there was a payment made but it was applied to the account incorrectly and that's why there was an issue and that it would be sorted out. It never gets fixed. I was also notified recently that there is another account I have from even further back that had a balance but have never heard of it otherwise through mutliple phone conversations. There hasn't been a collection or a bill sent for that. I do have account numbers for both. I have spent multiple hours trying to get it resolved because I'm not paying for something I've already paid. I'm not sure what else to do.

Personally, I would take it up with the credit reporting companies, TransUnion and Equifax and go from there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I dispute it with the credit reporting agencies each time it shows back up and then they'll delete it. Then a couple months go by and Southwest reports it again so it comes back on my credit report making it tank by 20+ points because it shows as a new collection.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, @homeswithhelms! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear about the issue you are running into with the closed account showing up on your credit report. I know how frustrating it can be to see that credit score bouncing up and down. I would like to see what we can do from outside for you. Since you already sent a PM, I will continue to assist you through there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!