Community Forum

Offered Low credit for 2 1/2 months of poor internet service

New Poster

Offered Low credit for 2 1/2 months of poor internet service

Hello all,

First offer was $58.88 for my trouble. This is an insult.

I'm currently being offered a $138.88 credit the 2nd time around to my account, but they added $80.00 as a courtesy, because $58.88 was the best they could do for my service being out.

This is unacceptable. I shouldn't have to fight you to give me a credit for poor service, let alone such a low ball offer.

I've had poor upload speeds with my service for 2 1/2 months. I've had at MINIMUM 6 tech visits (I know it's been more than that, but I need to try to calculate that) and spent countless hours doing research to fix a problem that was compeltely out of my hands.

At one point, I had a tech supervisor literally just give up and say its my equipment, but because I didn't give up, I started the entire process all over again and got a different tech supervisor. The 2nd tech supervisor was much more attentive and listened to what I had to say, i'm pretty tech savvy.

In this time, I've spent 4 times that amount of money (about $700) swapping out routers and modems, Cat 6 ethernet cables (which i was given cat 5 from techs, even tho twitter reps recommend cat 6) that I didnt need, multiple times my equipment was blammed when the final issue was a repair was needed on their head end.

I'm a twitch streamer, and been having issues with my upload speeds for that long. I would get extreme fluctuations in upload and download, but the upload took the biggest hit.

I'm relieved to know my issue has been fixed but at the cost of alot of time away, it has hurt my channel, and I treat my channel as a business.

Comcast is the only providers in my area that offers speeds that are even close to acceptable in the year 2019.

@Nerdburg I've seen you say that its $20 per tech visit as a credit to my account for each time they come out for the same issue. If adding that to the length of my issues, I feel my credit should be much higher than what i'm being offered.

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks,

Joe

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Offered Low credit for 2 1/2 months of poor internet service

Hi @Jtcjr85,

Yep, it's $20 for each visit after the first for the same problem plus you can request a credit for your service from the first time you reported it until it is repaired. 

I've asked a corporate employee to assist you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, Jtcjr85. Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I will be happy to do an account review to see what options we have for you credit-wise. I will review account notes, technician visits, technician notes, etc. We will use that information to let you know what we can offer. There is no guarantee we'll be able to get you any more than you were already offered, but I will take a look. We do not compensate for lost wages, but can adjust the bill accordingly for certain downtimes of the service that we provide. Please start by sending me a private message with your name and we will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, Jtcjr85. I ended up not hearing back from you on this. If you end up needing further support with this, please send me that private message so we can continue. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.