Community Forum

Off Contract & Can't manage my plan with tricky situation

Regular Visitor

Off Contract & Can't manage my plan with tricky situation

Hello,

My bill recently increased by about $30, I figured I was out of contract / my terms were up. I logged into my account and went to manage plan and got that wonderful error that said to call the number to complete your order. I called, was redirected a few times and then hung up on between redirects. I started an online chat and talked with a guy for awhile. In the end he said that he could not provide me any upgrade or downgrade options but told me to come to the forms and make a post. So here I am.

My current real issue, My bill went up and things like that happen, but I will be moving in 5 months, not really sure where yet so I dont know if the location I move to will have comcast as a provider. I have general locations but no address yet. My plan is to try and save $30 or more, by dropping or changing services. I don't mind signing a contract, but I need to understand what happens if I move to an area that doesnt have comcast.

P.S. I dont mind switching from a triple play to a double play. I own my cable/voice modem and I also own a Surfboard 6141 if my current modem cannot be used with a double play.

Thank you support team!

Expert

Re: Off Contract & Can't manage my plan with tricky situation

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much hopefully I hear from someone.

@The_Janitor wrote:

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Hi @Choklatstu. I can help you review your account for lower cost options. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Understandably, a contract might not work for you since you might be moving outside our footprint. Our agreement offers charge an Early Termination Fee is you move where we cannot offer service. We can look at no contract offers instead if you would like.