Community Forum

Obtaining Service for Street

Regular Visitor

Obtaining Service for Street

HI,

I've have been a long time customer with Comcast for awhile now. I recently bought a home and just discoceved that Comcast does not service my street. I went to the Comcast store and the employees there did not seem like that they cared that I lived in an unserviceable area. The thing is, I live just YARDS away from an aparment building that is already serviced by Comcast. The several neighbors on my street also are not too happy that Comcast does not service our road either. It is like you guys just skipped our block when you were servicing everyone around us. 

I was wondering would it be possible for Comcast to service our street? We have up to 5 residents on this street that would like serivce. The best internet that we can get serviced on this street will only provide for us 756 kbps. That is nothing! It is 2019, we should be able to get more than that.  There is also satellite internet as well but that is pricey with low data caps. 

Most people that I have contacted through Comcast seem to not want to understand or try to help. They just see that it is unserviceable and just try to get me away without an actual detailed explanation as to why we cannot get service while the building YARDS away gets service. 

Official Employee

Re: Obtaining Service for Street

bennyngo, it is possible that we may provide service to your new home. I'll reach out to the serviceability team to see if we are able to construct a plant extension. Please send me a private message with your full name and the new address for help.

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Obtaining Service for Street

@bennyngo, I hope the information provided and discussed in the private message with us was helpful. Please be sure to reach back out to ComcastKen or myself in a private message, if you still need assistance with this serviceability concern. Please create a new Public post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!