Community Forum

Obtaining Service for Neighborhood

Regular Visitor

Obtaining Service for Neighborhood

Hello.  I live about 0.8 miles from the nearest confirmed home that is connected to Comcast, which is just outside our Neighborhood. We have no real providers of internet and television.  I was wondering how to go about getting someone to look at my area to see if Comcast would extend their lines to not only my house but many others.  We have a petition signed for the neighborhood which consists of over 70 homes where there are potential customers (both on the way to my house and in same general area).  Like I mentioned there would be no completion for Comcast for (as far as fast internet) because our only options are DSL (pricey and speeds only of 1-2 Mbps) and satellite (pricey, low data caps). There is also no other cable available to these potential customers. We have been trying to get a price to see what it would cost to extend to everyone, who can I get in touch with to see about this situation. The people I have called do not seem to even understand what I am trying to ask. We shouldn’t have to beg to get service for everyone you know Smiley Happy

Expert

Re: Obtaining Service for Neighborhood

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Obtaining Service for Neighborhood

Hello RichardRRhodes, I can assist you with submitting a serviceability request to see if we can get you set up for an install. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?