Community Forum

OMG!!! Comcast has the absolute worse customer service

New Poster

OMG!!! Comcast has the absolute worse customer service

To protect your privacy and security,
we reset your password

As a part of our routine security monitoring, we have detected an issue with the email address and password you use to access your Xfinity services. You may be receiving this message because your email address and password was included in an earlier security breach of another company or website, and we want to ensure that it is not misused to access your Xfinity services. This generally happens when using the same password for multiple websites.

Out of an abundance of caution, we have changed your password. Please click below to create a new one. You can also sign up for two-step verification from Comcast as an added layer of protection.

Reset your password

In addition, we recommend you stop using this password on other websites, and change it to something new wherever you currently use it.

While watching DVR content at work, I received the above message.  My wife received the same message earlier in the day.  She was able to reset her password because I was able to see the answer to the security question.  I cannot see the answer to my question.  I have voice service only because salesperson said it would make package less expensive.  I have no intention of ever usin the voice service.  Unless one is a business, who uses a land line.  Answer - no one in the USA.  Everyone has a mobile smart phone.  The number for the smart phone is on the account. But no one is customer service or the security department, mind you Comcast changed my password without permission, can provide the reset code unless they call me on the Comcast voice line.  I have a voice modem, still in the box, but it will never ever be used.  I know all information about my account, but idiots cannot give a simple reset code due to some phantom Federal regulation that states for security purposes reset code can only be provided via the voice number if service is on the account.  Customer Service is an absolute joke.  Security department, assume they are the one's that change the wife's and my passwords without permission, are a complete joke.  Comcast CSR offered to snail mail a new PIN to me.  It will arrive in x number of days and then I can call back and provide all of the exact information I have already provided; account name, account address, account phone number, last 4 digits of social security number, account number, the 3 user names on the account, the passwords for the 3 users on the account; and the new PIN number.  Like having that is such an enhancement in security as I could have the users mailbox key and intercept the new PIN number.

The best solution would be for Comcast to stop randomly locking accounts for absolutely no reason, own up to their mistake of locking an account and reset said account without having to provide an ultra picture of 1st born who is now 24 years old.  Absolutely worse Customer Service EVER.

Official Employee

Re: OMG!!! Comcast has the absolute worse customer service

Hi kgibbs29,

Sorry you feel this way. As stated in the email that you were sent, this is was done to protect the safety of your account. There may be an easier, and faster way for you to receive the CPNI code that was sent through US mail. If you would like to see if this option is available for you, please send me a private message with the following information:  

• Your first and last name
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

Issued resolved because I will soon be dropping your service.  Customer service has not improved.  What is the number for the corporate folks.  I was speaking with suport via phone and was not getting resolution.  I was given number to corporate support (not a 1-800 #).  I believe I am owed credits for the crappy overall service I have received since switching to Comcast.

Official Employee

My team is the Digital Corporate Team and we can assist you with any issues you may be having. Please reach out in a private message and I would be more than happy to help address your concerns.