Community Forum

Not getting plan I signed up for

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not getting plan I signed up for

Hello, I'm having a problem with the deal I recently signed up for.  So I signed up for Xfinity on Monday, August 19, 2019.  I was able to get a Starter Pro Triple Play plan($99.99) with an upgrade to 400mbps, plus I was charged another $18.50 for digital pro since my parents wanted the Gameshow Network.  I later saw a plan for the Preferred Pro, which included Hbo, showtime and the digital pro program and an upgrade to Gigabit speed for $139.99.  I called on Tuesday, August 20, 2019  and was assured I could get that ugraded program instead of the original one I had ordered the day before. 

Flash forward to Saturday and I was reading up on my modem and read that while it supported gigabit speeds(since it was only docsis 3.0), I wouldn't be able to achieve that on the xfinity system(which needs a docsis 3.1 modem) so I checked the website for compatible modems and I discovered that my plan is only 400mbps. 

I called customer service today and they said there was nothing they could do about it, apparently it was technically an extreme pro on my signup on Tuesday(even though the customer service rep verbally confirmed the gigabyte speed), but the email I received made no mention of the speed with numbers, just by name, so I agreed to the deal not thinking anything was wrong.(I look back on the emails now and realize they both said extreme pro, only the first email mentioned 400mbps, while the second mentions no speed number at all). And the customer service rep today couldn't change any of the options I wanted in their system despite me just starting my account on Monday and service last friday, I'm still considered a regular customer and they couldn't make adjustments to my account without charging me normal prices.

All I'm looking for is one of the plans I agreed to. I'm willing to get a Docsis 3.1 modem(I already had picked out the netgear cm1150v to replace my current modem before I realized my slow speed) for the $139.99 gig speed I thought I signed up for.

Or I'd even take the original $99.99 starter deal with the 400mbps at the minimum that I agreed to when I first signed up.  I just want to get my introductory price, it isn't really fair to expect me to have to just stick with my current plan where I'm paying more for service when I literally just started.  

I hope someone can help me sort this mess out.  Thanks in advance.