Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Not getting anything I paid for (a lot of mess-ups by customer service)

Regular Visitor

Not getting anything I paid for (a lot of mess-ups by customer service)

Hi there,

Excuse me if any of this comes off short as I do not mean it to, but to say I am a bit frustrated at this point would be a very large understatement.

About two weeks ago, I called in advance to have Xfinity set up in my new apartment. I had everything ready to go and I was given a specific package from a Sales Rep for Comcast, but I found out that I would not be able to make the appointment (I was called into work) and so she set me up for self-install instead. I picked up the equipment and made sure to have them cancel the appointment, being specific that I was going to do a self-install instead. Later that evening, when I went to set up the equipment, I found out that they didn't just cancel my appointment.. they cancelled my entire order. I was left in my livingroom with a bunch of boxes but no active account to set up service on them. I spent the next two hours on the phone with five different representatives as they all told me something along the lines of "I can't help you" and "you'll have to contact the sales rep from earlier to get the same package, otherwise you'll be paying significantly more" - despite it being their mistake. They tried to sell me the same bundle I had previously ordered for nearly $70 more a month. I was so overwhelmed at that point, that I gave up, broke down, and barely made it off the phone before starting to cry.

The following day, after four calls and a voicemail that was never heard, I finally was able to reach the Sales Rep from before. She was able to reinstate my order for the same pricing, but apparently the person she had reinstate it for her got it all wrong and messed up the codes.
In addition to them messing up the codes (which I will get to later), they were they unable to get my cable working and they were unable to get my internet to the correct speed. My Internet speed is currently an incredibly slow 30mbps and none of my cable boxes are working. I bought a new router thinking that the router might have been the issue (I got a $200 AC6300 which was rated number one for Xfinity internet speeds), but I still got the same extremely low speeds. I contacted customer service and they told me that they would send someone out, but upon further inspection of my account I found out that everything they put down on what I ordered was wrong. This is where the incorrect codes come in.
I was supposed to get the X1 Double Play with Blast Internet, but they set me up with the "Digital Starter" with "Internet 5" which is NOT what I agreed to. I also paid for the upgrade to Extreme 150, but they set me up with an upgrade to Extreme 105 instead (despite my billing statement clearly stating "Extreme 150") which is NOT what I agreed to. I tried to contact customer service once again, but they were unwilling to help. One man (Jemvy) argued with me for a while telling me that I was mistaken and had subscribed to Extreme 105, despite me telling him multiple times that it was wrong and I was being billed for Extreme 150 on my plan under additional upgrades. He implied I was lying and asked me where I was "getting my information from", until he was finally able to verify it himself. He said despite what I was promised, they would have to change my entire bundle in order to get the Extreme 150. I told him I didn't want to change it, and then he tried to get me to give up the upgrade altogether, claiming that the "Internet 5" was much faster (which is not even remotely true). He then reset my router and stopped replying to me.

Ever since I started my service with Xfinity, it has been a lot of promises with no actual delivery. I was signed up and given different services than those I was promised, I was cancelled on, inconvenienced, left without the services I paid for, and then given really poor customer service time and time again. I don't know what to do because I'm at the end of my rope.

I just want what I actually signed up for. I want my packages and services corrected to what I agreed to (X1 Double Play and Blast Internet with Extreme 150 Upgrade), I want my packages to stay the price they were promised to me at and what I agreed to and had on contract, I want my cable and Internet working, and I want it working at the correct (or even just remotely close) speeds.

Please help.

Warmest Regards,

Danielle

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Not getting anything I paid for (a lot of mess-ups by customer service)

Morgue, glad we found the deal you were looking for! Post again if you need anything else. 

Cheers, 

KenF

All Replies
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Morgue, Apologies for that experience. Allow me to turn this around for you. Let's look for that package together and apply it to your account. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number (or phone number) and address for help.

Regular Visitor

I went ahead and sent you a private message with all the information you requested. Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this for me and for offering your help. For the first time in a week I'm starting to feel hopeful that this will actually be resolved!

Official Employee

Morgue, glad we found the deal you were looking for! Post again if you need anything else. 

Cheers, 

KenF