Community Forum

Not able to get help with comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

Not able to get help with comcast

I have spoken with 8 people today at comcast, not including the useless chat assistant. I moved in with my partner, and she already has a cable modem that I'm trying to activate my service on. She has cancelled her service and released the modem so I can activate with my account.  That's all I need to do. Yet every person I've contacted, or they have had call me back is unable to help. Last call they connected me with Home security technical help. I don't even have home security!! Now he has transfered me to what he says is "the righ dept.". I have been on hold for 45 minutes. I started this process at Noon PT, and it is now 3:40. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Not able to get help with comcast

At East you’ve been able to talk to someone! I’m moving today too. Service cancelled at old address and “active” at new. Unable to activate service. And unable to reach anyone. The automatic message advises long wait times due to covid and advises self service options then hangs up. Been trying all day and they’re allegedly open.
Highlighted
Contributor

Seems to me like you fall under the "priority category" too, according to the recorded statement.   You do not have service am I right???

Im not sure if theres some magic key word your supposed to mention to the Dumb robot that answers the call. to be put in this alleged Prioritized support..   otherwise I'm not seein any support at all if you cant talk to anybody...  I am currently experiencing this myself.  except this isn't the only time I've gotten nowhere with xfinity... so I shot off some FCC complaint and sent email to board.

Highlighted
New Poster

My wife insists on sticking with Comcast. Personally, I'm quite happy to dump them.

Back in October, we agreed to buy internet service with them in addition to the cable  we already have. They promised to send a self-install kit, but it never showed up. As our current  DSL  still works, though it is slow, chasing them up on it hasn't been a priority, but now my wife is probably going to have to work from home, so we need a better internet connection.

And of course Comcast is totally unresponsive.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello renganorcal73, if you're trying to use a Comcast modem from her account then you won't be able to activate it on your account due to the modem belonging to her account first. The equipment must go through out warehouse in order to be reissued. If you would like to use a Comcast modem then you would need to have one sent via direct mail or you can go and pick the equipment up from a local Comcast service center. If you're using your own equipment, then you would just have to activate the equipment on the account by clicking on this link

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!