Community Forum

Not a good start for Xfinity Mobile

New Poster

Not a good start for Xfinity Mobile

Note - I tried to simply e-mail this, but since there is not a discreet way to address issues with Comcast, I just posted what the original e-mail was.

My husband and I were ready to switch to Xfinity Mobile, we just wanted to view the phones that were available in person. I got on your website and search my local area and the website showed my local office in Oak Ridge, Tennessee as an Xfinity Mobile store. We went down to the store on 12-26-17 and inquired about the service and were very rudely told that "We don't do that here". I then told the gentleman that we were talking to that is not what the website said, and again we were met with a rude, "I don't care what the website said, we don't do that here, they only do that at the Asheville Highway location".

Asheville Highway is the main hub in our area, it is also over 45 minutes from our house. So, I decided to call customer service to make absolutely positive that they would have the phones at that location before we wasted 2 hours of our time driving out there with 2 children. Customer service assured me that the Asheville Highway location had the phones. We drove out there, waited in line, and told the gentleman there that we wanted to start an Xfinity Mobile account and just wanted to see the phones.

He was very apologetic, and helpful, but said that they did not have the phones there. He said that they were in the process of opening a phone store in Knoxville, but that it would not be open for several weeks and that it would be on the exact opposite side of town.

Now, this gentlemen was very helpful and gave us his card and offered to sign us up any time for the mobile account, but after the rudeness of the gentleman in Oak Ridge and then customer service promising us that we were not going to be wasting our time going out to Asheville Highway, we will not be changing our service to Xfinity Mobile. I thought I would bring this to your attention since the website and what information corporate customer service has does not match what is going on here locally. Please fix this issue, because there are a lot of people here that live in rural areas, and I would hate for them to drive as far as we did for nothing.
Official Employee

Re: Not a good start for Xfinity Mobile

serena5088, that is not the experience I wanted for you. Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this to my leadership. As XFINITY Mobile continues to grow, we hope to bring more XFINITY Mobile stores and services across the country.