Community Forum

No wireless box for loyal customers

New Poster

No wireless box for loyal customers

I’ve been on a constant merry go round with Comcast regarding their wireless box that I would like to add to my service. I’ve been told to go to my local store to get this box. When I arrive I am told that they do not carry the box and I must set up a professional install. When I call again, I’m told that the wireless box is only available to NEW CUSTOMERS. This is absolutely ridiculous. I want to pay more money and add a service to my account and I am told that I’m not able to because I am already a customer. I’m just about fed up with Xfinity. Anyone know how to get their hands on one of these wireless boxes?!?
Problem Solver

Re: No wireless box for loyal customers

What 'wireless box' are you referring to?  The Xfinity Gateway (modem/router combo) https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides?  Are you looking to rent a WiFi router from Comcast?  Have you looked into purchasing your own device in lieu of renting?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: No wireless box for loyal customers

Hi, Ktklein91! Thank you for posting in our community. If you are referring to Xi5 or Xi6 wireless boxes - they are still in trial in several areas. That's why we have a limited quantity and they are only available via professional installation based on an evaluation of the home's network configuration. However, customers (even new ones) cannot request a wireless box even if they have a pro-install scheduled. We are working diligently to make Xi5 and Xi6 TV Boxes available via SIKs in all areas in the near future. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!