Community Forum

No solution provided for service issues, should I reduce how much I pay each month?

New Poster

No solution provided for service issues, should I reduce how much I pay each month?

Cable and internet service has degraded over the past month. Contacted customer service via email with the problems. I was very clear, with bullet points, about the issues (I included specific channels that were not functioning correctly) and my concerns. Response was - been having network problems in your area, we’ll send a tech out. Very clear they had not read what I’d written.  Customer service 101 - read and address the customer’s concerns. This is not rocket science. Comcast never fails to fail. Fast forward through more days and emails than I care to think about.  The mind numbing frustration of having to repeat yourself time and time again cannot be quantified. Seriously, it is stunningly efficient to read and respond appropriately to the first missive. And, shocker, the customer won’t grow more and more frustrated and angry. Finally they confirmed that they would charge me to send out a tech.  I said no - your network, your problem. If Comcast is just looking for an opportunity to up-sell me equipment  or services I have no interest in I don’t want them in my house.  I want the network assessed and my service fixed. They said go away. Literally - the email said do not contact us again about this issue. Ummm.. you are not providing the service I am paying for and you have confirmed there are network issues in my area. How is this possible?  Shall I reduce the amount I pay every month for the services I am not receiving?  (That would wreck  havoc.  They sent a bill that was not due to a collection agency. The first customer service rep I spoke with said nastily, - “your credit hasn’t been affected yet.” Took 3 calls over 2 days to get that fixed.) I’ve put up with Comcast’s appalling customer service because the service has been reliable. That is no longer true.  You would think Comcast would care. I learned - not so much. 

New Poster

Re: No solution provided for service issues, should I reduce how much I pay each month?

And now there is a service outage across my area. Tried to tell you.