Community Forum

No service since the 8th

Frequent Visitor

No service since the 8th

Hello,

We haven't had service since the 8th. I was told there was an outage in my area and that service wouldn't be restored until the 10th (Sunday).

On Monday our services were still down, but so were my neighbors. My thought was that you were still working on the outage and that it would probably be fixed by the end of the day. It wasn't.

When I called Tuesday, I was told that my services should be working.  After briefly trying to troubleshoot my service issues I was told that a tech visit was going to be required.

On Wednesday, shortly before the tech arrived, there were two of your bucket trucks working in front of my house. When I saw one of your maintenance workers checking my tap I asked him about the outage; he said that several of the taps had low signal strength including mine. He said they hadn't figured out why yet.

When the tech arrived, he spoke with the same maintenance worker and then the tech proceeded to climb the pole at my tap, run some new cabling, and replace my tap. During this time the maintenance crew left.

Unfortunately the tech couldn't fix my issues. Your tech said that the signal drop off was huge. He stated that there were several taps in front of me (my tap is the last one), and that by the time the signal reached my tap the signal should be flat. It is not however according to him. There are no high frequency signals and the drop off illustrated by him was basically a 45 degree downward sloping angle. He told me that the buckets trucks were going to have to come back.

I received an automated call shortly after he left telling me that outside work had been scheduled and that I wouldn't have to be home. What the call didn't say was when this was supposed to happen.

Tomorrow will be one week without service. When can I expect to have my TV and Internet back up and running? I'd also like a service credit please for my time without service.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Official Employee

Re: No service since the 8th

Hi Phyll1sP, I am seeing that our team on Twitter has reached out to our local office in regards to your issue. We will follow up with you asap. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: No service since the 8th

Hi,

Yes the team on Twitter has been doing an excellent job thus far.

Thank you for the reply.