Community Forum

No response from customer service

Highlighted
New Poster

No response from customer service

Two weeks go I spoke to two different reps regarding an early termination fee. Was told a supervisor/manager would call me in 2 hours, no call was received. Wrote to customer service corporate office and received no response.  After years of service, a move took me to an area where xfinity/Comcast service was not available and was still charged an early termination fee.  Really a bad customer service policy.  I could see if service was available but since you were not able supply me with service I feel early termination fees were unreasonable.  Add to that the customer service offices do not even reply to my requests indicates a company that does not care about its customers.  I understand that xfinity may be moving into the area makes me rethink using services in the future and warning neighbors of company policies.  Before going to other avenues of assistance I really would like to speak to someone in authority.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: No response from customer service

@Aguaway wrote:

Two weeks go I spoke to two different reps regarding an early termination fee. Was told a supervisor/manager would call me in 2 hours, no call was received. Wrote to customer service corporate office and received no response.  After years of service, a move took me to an area where xfinity/Comcast service was not available and was still charged an early termination fee.  Really a bad customer service policy.  I could see if service was available but since you were not able supply me with service I feel early termination fees were unreasonable.  Add to that the customer service offices do not even reply to my requests indicates a company that does not care about its customers.  I understand that xfinity may be moving into the area makes me rethink using services in the future and warning neighbors of company policies.  Before going to other avenues of assistance I really would like to speak to someone in authority.

If you are under a contract and you move to an area that Comcast does not service you are subject to an early termination fee.  You are the one effectively breaking the contract, not Comcast.  Because of territory agreements with other ISP's and Broadband cable providers Comcast cannot service every area within the United States.  Early Termination Fees were mentioned in the contract you agreed to.

For more information see this article about Early Termination Fees.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!