Community Forum

No primary user

New Poster

No primary user

There is no primary user on my account. I'm listed as an unrestricted secondary user. That may be because my husband set up the account, some years ago, by telephone and his name is on the account. He never set up a user name online and is now unable to do so because the phone number is associated with my user name. I want to make changes, but am unable to do so as a secondary user, unrestricted or not. How to I get primary user status when there is no primary user to grant it? If this cannot be done, how do I get my husband a user name?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: No primary user

Double check your UserIDs on your home system with the Lookup tool at https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup. After you enter the requested information you'll see a list of the UserIDs on your account and an indication of which one is Primary. Be aware that the Primary UserID online doesn't always correspond with a name on your billing statement.

If you can't log in with the Primary ID, or you don't have one, contact one of their reps at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/ and have them fix the problem.

Official Employee

Hi lgarross, I can assist you with getting your username created and I can help you find out what the primary username on your account is. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I used the chat feature to communicate with a customer service rep. He did a fine job of adjusting my account appropriately. Quickly, too.
Official Employee

lgarross wrote: I used the chat feature to communicate with a customer service rep. He did a fine job of adjusting my account appropriately. Quickly, too.

I am glad that we were able to get this issue corrected for you. Thank you for sharing your resolution here with us, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!