Community Forum

No more internet only service. Only expensive bundles. Forced to change to AT & T

Regular Contributor

No more internet only service. Only expensive bundles. Forced to change to AT & T

Despite all the problems with comcast (mostly with TV)  we were going to install AT & T at new location with new roomates and new account.  

However we are forced to go with AT & T as they will sell internet only service for $50/mo while comcast offers no internet only service at all and will only sell a $144/mo bundle.

That made the descisin for us we have no chice but to go with AT & T!

Regular Contributor

Re: No more internet only service. Only expensive bundles. Forced to change to AT & T

Just found out RCN is in area we are moving to.  THey offer internet only service for $50/mo and less.  So given that comcast no longer wishes to offer internet only we will go with RCN.

I would like to point out that few people need phone service as they have cell phones these days.  Also my experience in trying to use the Comcast streaming TV service is that it has not worked very much in the past 3 years.  My experience of using a cable box for the past month is that it works much better than the streaming but the quality is low (probaly due to compression) and it still freezes up quite a lot.

I think it is pretty stupid for Comcast to insist that we must have all three services and pay 3 time what we should be paying!

Valued Contributor

Re: No more internet only service. Only expensive bundles. Forced to change to AT & T

There is no area that is forced to have other services. You can get internet only service anywhere (as long as internet is offered) But in no way, is it mandatory that you get other services. You are just speaking with the wrong sales people.
Official Employee

Hello Klawdek, please allow me to assist you with finding an internet only deal for your new home. For further assistance send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".