Community Forum

No lock box outside house

Regular Visitor

No lock box outside house

I have been contacting Comcast several times to fix this problem with no luck.

I requested Comcast internet service a month ago and noitced the cable outside exposed whereas every house in my neighbor the cable securely locked in a grey box.  I assume that not everyone has Comcast but some do.

For the first four times, when I chatted with Comcast rep online they said they would take care of this and sent my meaasge to the wrong department.  

Yesterday I tried one more time and the rep online said that their field tech will determine if they need to put a box or not to protect the cable from weather damage etc.  That was exactly my point.  I want them to cover it to secure the line.  

I don't even know if/why a field tech visitied my location and determined not to put a box. My house is no difference any other house in my neighbor.

You can clearly see that the cable is exposed in the following picutre.

If you don't want, please credit me the amount of money for the lock box and labor.  I have paid same installation fee as others but not getting the same installation service.

IMG_4738.JPG
Admin1

Re: No lock box outside house

Hi mjeong1123 -- I can help you with this exposed line issue. What you're in need of is a house-box. I can contact tech ops directly and have them bring a house-box out to you and place these lines in there. Please PM me your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number. I will work with tech ops to have a job setup to bring this house-box out.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Comcast Zach,

Thank you for your response.

I tried to send a PM to you with no luck.  I wonder if you can help this issue as well so I can send you a PM.

Thanks,

Mi-Young

Admin1

mjeong1123 -- I checked your profile and Private Messaging is enabled. Can you give that another try please? If it doesn't let you message me please let me know what error message you receive.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Please find the attached picture.

There is no error message.  There is no space I can type something.

Is this required to use a specific browser? I am using Safari.

Thank you for your help.

Screenshot 2018-01-31 11.14.57.png
Problem Solver

Hi mjeong1123, just an observation from the image you posted above,  are you signed in when attempting to use the private messenger?

The upper right area indicates - sign in-.   That usually shows when you need to sign in.

Or am reading this incorrectly?

good luck, ciao, bj

Admin1

mjeong1123 -- Thank you for sending your information via PM. I spoke with tech ops and they will be sending someone ASAP to get a house-box connected for you.