Community Forum

No good offers for existing customers! Cancelling if can't find something good!

Regular Visitor

No good offers for existing customers! Cancelling if can't find something good!

My contract is about to expire on my internet only plan and looking at the current offers, they all cost more and/or require some bundling that I don't want. I just want internet at an affordable price!

Is there anyway that I can keep my current internet plan/rate of $30 per month. I would rather not go through the hassle of leaving Xfinity and switching to another provider such as ATT but I really can't afford paying more for internet and will cancel if I have to. 

Expert

Re: No good offers for existing customers! Cancelling if can't find something good!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: No good offers for existing customers! Cancelling if can't find something good!

Hi sanbinyen!

I'd be more than happy to review and discuss the internet only offers that are available to you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Can I just say, I've noticed a few posts similar to mine where someone says there are no good deals for existing customers and then someone from Comcast will reply saying send me a private message and we'll get you fixed up and then you don't see anymore replies from the customer who initially asked.

Now I know its partially my fault, but reading those posts from other users gave me hope that something can be worked out especially since they didn't post anything else afterwards which led me to think that they managed to get the same deal that they were on before and felt no need to say anything else.

But after sending a message and getting the reply of Comcast on what they can do, I must say I'm disappointed. They didn't offer anything other then what you can already find out on the website.

I know Comcast doesn't owe anybody anything and its just business but I wish you would be a bit more considerate of existing customers rather then just focus on drawing in new customers with promotional rates that don't last after you have signed them up for a year.

Official Employee

@sanbinyen,

Sorry you feel this way. In your case, the offer you wanted is for new customers only. I would feel as if I was misleading you telling you that I could give you that when you would eventually be contacted stating you are not eligible for that package and thrown into something that could cost you more than what you are paying now. Since our promotions do change quite often, feel free to check back in the near future to see if anything changes.

As for you not being able to see anything after we ask to move to a private message, that is for privacy reasons. We do not want others to be able to see information that should not be shared in a public thread like your address, first and last name etc.. Sometimes customers will go back to update a thread once they have been assisted and sometimes they don't. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!