Community Forum

No call/no show, no follow up

Regular Visitor

No call/no show, no follow up

I was promised certain credits for the utterly inconsiderate inconvenience I experienced this monday. I had a 7:30am-10am appt to run a new line to the house and it wasn't until *I* called at 10am that i found out there was a system issue. Nevertheless I was "assured" that someone would be out at the house within the hour. I got this same lie the next 5 times I called over the next 6 hours. One person even told me that the line techs were being manually routed to their calls, which I asked them to explain then why at 2:30 that I was still waiting. Also they said that they'd be out till 7pm. No one had real answers but everyone explained that I should make sure someone was there and that someone was coming. I missed a whole day of work and cancelled medical appts for that afternoon.
On my 4pm call (6 HOURS after the end of my sched appt) it seemed I finally had some real person to talk to. Tina was professional and gave me the ugly honest truth that noone was coming that day and there never was an ETA for the nationwide service issue but it just came up. I explained my experience and what I had been offered and she was able to offer me something in addition, but said she could not process the credit until after the service was done on wednesday so she would call me thursday to confirm and to process the credit. I never received a call and my bill shows no credit.
Let me just say that I had previously had Comcast service years ago and dropped you for lack of customer care and shady broken promises like this before. I thought we could try again but it is clear nothing has changed and my next call will be to frontier to restore our service with them since they have always followed through with their promises and seem to actually care about their customers instead of just telling them whatever they want to hear to get them off the phone and take their money. This experience with comcast makes me feel like my family is invisible to them, with no way to follow up with an individual to hold the company accountable, it's shameful. We get that mistakes can be made and certain technical issues are out of your control, but it's about how you take care of your customers that makes an impact and breeds loyalty. I received a customer survey last night and my answer to "would you recommend comcast?" was a big fat ZERO. Will you care to do anything to help change that number?
(Side note: the tech that came for my rescheduled appt was great and was on time, this should not reflect negatively on her in any way)

EDIT 2/11 10:12AM: a small credit was applied but it was not the full amount promised to me by the associate. Please contact me, this whole process is leaving a bad feeling about comcasts ability to provide customer care.
Official Employee

Re: No call/no show, no follow up

KTmonster, welcome to the forums. 

Your time is important to us, and I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with the technician visit and the credits. I would love to have the opportunity to turn this around and rectify the issue. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to take a look at this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: No call/no show, no follow up

KTmonster, so glad I was able to help out. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need anything else. Smiley Happy 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!