Community Forum

No Way To Contact Customer Service!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

No Way To Contact Customer Service!!!

I will be moving soon. I scheduled to have my services cancelled as of 03/29/20. I have recieved 2 emails alerting me that services are being shut off on 03/27/20. I have tried Virtual assistant. It tells me to call a representative at 1-800-XFINITY. I call there listen to the prompts and after it asks me if I will consent to survey after call the line goes dead. If I say yes it goes dead, if I say no it goes dead.  I also called 1-888-COMCAST and had the exact same thing happen. Then I called  the phone # of comcast representative who left me a message last week confirming that buyers of our house requested the services to be cancelled as of 03/27/2020. He didn't answer when I called last week and won't answer today.  On 3/19, I spoke to Comcast representative and he confirmed that they would not cancel services unless I  set it up.  It looks like no one is working at Comcast today.   We need our internet to work up until day we pack up. How do I get ahold of someone at Comcast. When I called on 03/19 I waited an hour on hold for Rep. Today they aren't even putting people on hold. They are simply refusing calls!

NB

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: No Way To Contact Customer Service!!!

@noelebowman wrote:

I will be moving soon. I scheduled to have my services cancelled as of 03/29/20. I have recieved 2 emails alerting me that services are being shut off on 03/27/20. I have tried Virtual assistant. It tells me to call a representative at 1-800-XFINITY. I call there listen to the prompts and after it asks me if I will consent to survey after call the line goes dead. If I say yes it goes dead, if I say no it goes dead.  I also called 1-888-COMCAST and had the exact same thing happen. Then I called  the phone # of comcast representative who left me a message last week confirming that buyers of our house requested the services to be cancelled as of 03/27/2020. He didn't answer when I called last week and won't answer today.  On 3/19, I spoke to Comcast representative and he confirmed that they would not cancel services unless I  set it up.  It looks like no one is working at Comcast today.   We need our internet to work up until day we pack up. How do I get ahold of someone at Comcast. When I called on 03/19 I waited an hour on hold for Rep. Today they aren't even putting people on hold. They are simply refusing calls!

NB

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.  We have moved the disconnect date out to 3/29/2020 as per your request. Thanks for your patience and thanks for your service to our country.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!