Community Forum

No Student Discount???

Highlighted
Contributor

No Student Discount???

Why are there no student discounts available for college students. You would think that a major service provider would offer some sort of discount on such a critical part of a students education. Especially for an online only student going to college it is required for me to have an internet for me to complete my education. Not only do they not offer a student discount, but there was not timely installation. I ordered services mid September 2018 and they were not successfully installed until mid December of 2018. That was a major blow to the overall success of my education, and greatly reduced my chances of completing my education. I missed the most important parts of my classes the introduction and training of how everything works and what I need to do and how to do it. I had to have numerous tech appointments several of which the tech never even bothered to show up for, one which was scheduled for first thing in the morning the tech marked it as completed at 8:03am for an appointment between 8-10 saying that no one was home, while I watched him on my security cameras sit in his van and never even bother to come knock on the door. I thought Comcast was supposed to be one of the best providers around, but I was sadly mistaken. <Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Official Employee

Re: No Student Discount???

Hello, TwiztedSystem.

I'm glad you reached out to us and I'm sad to hear this has been your experience. 

We do have some student deals/offers available online. You can visit https://www.xfinity.com/student to see if you are eligible for any offers.

If you are still having troubles with the stability of your services I would be more than happy to take a look and see if we can get everything working more reliably for you. Please feel free to send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: No Student Discount???

TwiztedSystem, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get your services working properly, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!