Community Forum

No Service Under The Protection Plan

New Poster

No Service Under The Protection Plan

Just got off the phone with Comcast and got no results.  Do you know if you have old Internet Equipment (Modem) and you are not getting a signal in your bedroom, Comcast will not send out someone to repair or replace it without charging a fee, even if you have the Protection Plan.  This is just nuts.  Why should we pay into the protection plan?

Admin1

Re: No Service Under The Protection Plan

Hi Whyyoulie -- It sounds like the agent you spoke with was referring to an installation rather than a trouble call. The Protection Plan doesn't cover installs but it does cover trouble calls. If there's an issue with your rented modem then we will replace it at no charge during a trouble call. If you'd like one setup then please send me a PM with your name, full service address, either account number or linked phone number, and days/times that work best for you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I would love your help, but now I'm dealing with one of your top VP's to handle all my issues.  Besides the new modem, (which I see no difference from the old modem in terms of any better service or quality of Internet, TV, or Voice),  The other great thing about the new modem is YOU get to pay for a battery for the battery backup which will run you $40.00 plus. 

I also have a bate and switch problem with comcast.  Promised one price, signed a contract, and in a few months the contract gets changed online and now I'm paying much more then we agreed on.

You may ask, who is this guy to say all of these things, but I have had Comcast for over 10 years, and I have heard all the stories from the worker bees, such as "We are not given the new equipment to try at home...so we have to learn the new systems on the go, just like our customers".

Also guys, I happen to be an Engineer for over 30 plus years.

Having said all of the above, when the signals are clear and the whole system is working, the programming is very good.

Official Employee

Whyyoulie, thanks for those details. If you change your mind about assistance, feel free to private message me or Zach. 

KenF

New Poster

I finally got to the VP in charge of Customer Retention, and after he looked at the entire log of calls and emails he said,  well there may have been some problems, but I willing to bring you back to the price you were paying and reimburse you for past expenses. So I'm "currently" ok with Comcast, hope they keep their promises.

Official Employee

Glad to hear you were able to get assistance. Post again if you need anything else.