Community Forum

No Regard for Customer's Time.

Regular Visitor

No Regard for Customer's Time.

I recently requested CableTV installation to my Xfinity existing phone and Internet service.  Was told technician would arrive on 3/17, and this was confirmed three times on the phone with Customer Service Representative during the call.  I took the day off from work to be available when the Technician arrived.  After waiting an hour beyond the appointment window, I called Customer Service, and was informed that the appointment had been switched to 3/23!  However, I was never contacted about this change in the appointment.  The excuse was that the CSR put in for the service call, but had not waited for verification from the Service Department.  When the Service Deptartment could not provide service on that day, they simply selected the next available time slot (4 days later), BUT NEVER CONTACTED ME!!!

The CSR was nice enough but held to the excuse that they could do nothing to help me, as it was not possible to get same day service from one of their technicians, and they would not be able to send someone out that day.  In fact, they claim they can't even contact their service department other than placing a ticket into their computer system.  All they could offer was a $40 credit to my account for my inconvenience.  Wonderful! I've lost a vacation day due to complete incompetence on the part of Xfinity, and I’m sorry to say $40 isn’t even close to compensating me for my time.  Anyone with an ounce of common sense should realize that if an appointment time is switched from one day to another, that the customer should be notified, immediately. Is there ever a reason which one can justify NOT notifying the customer? 

It's bad enough that a company the size of Comcast can't resolve a problem of their own making, and they clearly don't see this as an urgent enough matter to make an effort for the customer that has been inconvenienced, but there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for not keeping the customer informed when a scheduled service call is changed!  I'm reconsidering my decision to go back to Comcast for CableTV service, and I’d recommend anyone reading this to do likewise.

Admin1

Re: No Regard for Customer's Time.

Hi mcosta3 -- Apologies for the experience you had with this tech job. You should have been notified of this job change when it occurred. I did want to follow up to see if the tech was able to get your TV service installed and working as intended. 

Regular Visitor

Yes, they arrived at the scheduled time.

Admin1

mcosta3 -- Glad to hear they arrived on time and got everything setup. Enjoy!