Community Forum

No Luck Lowering my bill by phone

New Poster

No Luck Lowering my bill by phone

I simply must cut my expenses as an older person on a fixed income.  After attempting to work with Customer Service by phone several times I haven't had any luck.  I am told getting rid of cable and keeping the internet won't lower my bill very much.  Plus I can only get internet in two rooms of my house. 

Xfinity service is my best option available right now except for Dish and I have heard negative things about the other choice.  Cutting out my cable is the only thing I have left that I can cut.  I do not have a contract.  Why am I paying $190 a month when others pay so much less?

Official Employee

Re: No Luck Lowering my bill by phone

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

Thank you for sharing your complaint. I have had similar issues. 

You can’t win when the deck is stacked. Both Verizon and Comcast play this little game where the consumer is always the loser. I signed up for Xfinity double-play in Oct. with no contract restrictions. After many months of connectivity issues and a new box and the issues continued, and poor customer support, I had enough. I have a Smart TV. I bought an Amazon Fire Stick and successfully installed today, along with Hulu TV subscription. Way way better than Comcast offerings with tiers that never match what you watch necessitating buying a premium tier so you have the few stations you want to watch. I, too, tried negotiating with Comcast to just add the one station I wanted, but they insisted I had to move into another tier and get another 100 stations I won't watch. Hulu gives you ALL the stations for one price, $39. a month. I gleefully called Comcast to cancel my Xfinity TV, but retain the high speed internet and was told it would cost me more to have just the internet than the double play. I, too, am trying to keep my cable expenses down. I have to have the high speed internet. Now, instead of lowering my expenses, I increased my expenses. The internet is a utility that should be offered at a reasonable rate not used as a ploy to force you to buy a package you don't want. Many people I know get the package only as a means to use the services they really want as it is more costly to just have the internet. People have to rise up and let their representives in congress resist the payoffs they get from the many lobbyiests in Harrisburg and DC to maintain the status quo and keep their grip on the industry.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastShane:

Can you contact me as well? I am not able to PM. Many thanks.

Official Employee

Hi, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check for any offers for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

I have also had the same problem. I used to be able to get specials an they no longer offer them.  I have been a loyal customer for 12 years and I only use Xfinity for TV only. I live alone and I watch almost everything on demand, except for binge watching HTV on the weekends.  Yet nothing has changed but my bill in now over $100 a month. Way too much for what I use.  I get changed extra for sports which I do not watch and the monthly extra box cost has gotten out of control. When I call they say they appreciate my business but they do nothing to help me.  I simply wat to be able to watch TV and use on-demand, that it,

Xfinity you need to bring my bill down, or I am cutting the cord.  I will have to change my viewing habits with other options. I have call twice, I will try this but 3 times you are out. 

Companies that do not provide value are will not survive. We now have other options.

Official Employee

Hi LMBFL, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check for any offers for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.