Community Forum

Nightmare at comcast./New customer

Regular Contributor

Nightmare at comcast./New customer

New customer. DVR saved items wiped out as told they would transfer my moms dvr to my new acct. Never said it would be wiped out of saved items.. Mislead on new deal ran to store not so. As I was putting acct under my name since my mother passed so came in as a  new customer. Wrong number on TV so I could not connect to talk in, Found out  Given a modem that comcast does NOT support  ubee hard wired and yet  I didn 't know its 11 dollars now a month. This modem is not even worth that. How could that happen given an unsupported modem at the comcast store and nothing said?? Email not working right today only. Called tech support they could not help me saying I needed to go down to store to get acct number? I said what. When the modem was connected this week. The lady connected it transferred all emails was working fine then this morning not. Tech support said I needed a new password for the acct. Turns out not the case it was to restablish the psswd I had on an email as main.  So its been a nightmare of a ride and tech support refused to find  my new acct number and gave him tons of info. But  go drive down to the store comeback and call us!!!! Said he'd credit me but how could he if he didn't have my acct number??? So unsupported modem given, Deal told not to be ..No discounts or anything nor sorry for the inconvenience . So what now.Keep the unsupported modem or told go back down to store and get the wifi one. I asked can you send it she said no its costs money.... I cannot believe the way I have been treated...The worst yet.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Nightmare at comcast./New customer

This is par for the course at Comcast. Sadly I feel bad for you!
Contributor

Still have modem what is odd it was a supervisor at the store who gave it to me..11.00 dollars for a unsupported modem. Shouldn't they know better???? Plus if there was no store to drive too how would I hav gotten my acct number so I could get my email back on track...Perhaps comcast should have backup plans for such issues. To wait for bill? who knows when that would be??

Official Employee

Hello bluebird51, unfortunately the only way to get your modem swapped out for a new one is to go down to a local Comcast service center or we can ship one to you all you would have to pay is shipping and handling cost. Please reach back out to me here if you would like new equipment shipped to you.

Contributor

all  have to do is pay shipping and handling costs?? which is almost 15.00. It seems comcast has new rules don't do anything for customers if its their error or a known..They raise costs and do nothing now for their customers.. Who pays for the gas going back and forth....Comcast should look into their supervisors and educate them.

Official Employee

bud54S wrote: all  have to do is pay shipping and handling costs?? which is almost 15.00. It seems comcast has new rules don't do anything for customers if its their error or a known..They raise costs and do nothing now for their customers.. Who pays for the gas going back and forth....Comcast should look into their supervisors and educate them.

I am sorry that you feel that way, we don't want to inconvenience you but going into a local service center or having the equipment mailed with a shipping charge are the options that we have to replace your equipment. I can schedule a tech to come out and perform this task for you but it will cost more than your drive down to a service center and mailing the equipment together. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

Contributor

well went down TO THE STORE IN DANBURY CT TODAY AT 11:00 and guess what with people waiting NO ONE OPENED THE STORE???? no sign on door nothing. People left as well agreed this is how comcast is. they do not care!!!!! People left a few of us remained one lady tried to get the surpervisor or someone on the phone. Nothing ( I have her name). We stood there for ONE HOUR WAITING...Finally a girl pulled in the back sat in her car for 10 minutes then she got out I asked are you with comcast she said yes we are opening at 12:00. Oh really no sign on door nothing. She didn't care.. We finally got in by another girl...I said I need to exchange my modem as the supervisor gave me an unsupported modem so she said what does that mean!! So I had to explain to her!! Plus when at the store the second time (as comcast said to go back  to store and get my acct number otherwise they could not help me with my email issue though I know they had the new acct number in front of them..)  I said you have the wrong phone number on my TV set so she said she fixed it. I just looked ITS NOT FIXED ( i have the wrong number they put but will not put it here..). So you tell me for standing at comcasts door for 1 hour we deserve somekind of compensation... It seemed these people didn't care if we stood there all day. We are filing a higher up complaint  with higher authorities as this forum is useless..Comcast only cares about their money and raising rates and customer service is worse than ever...

Official Employee

@bud54S - Could you please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number? I would like to discuss a possible compensation for your time and inconvenience. I also need the XFINITY store address so I can address this situation to the management. Thank you in advance.