Community Forum

New to Xfinity X1 and HD question

Regular Visitor

New to Xfinity X1 and HD question

Hello all. 

I had my Xfinity X1 TV and Internet installed yesterday. The install included a Pace PA PX022ANM STB. I attempted to access HD channels last night and I get the message that I need to upgrad my plan. I checked and my plan does include HD channels. I chatted with support this morning and they informed me that my STB does not support HD channels. The support tech also informed me there would be an additional $9.95 a month fee for HD and another $9.95 for the cable card. He told me I could buy a STB and would still have to lease the cable card from Xfinity. Does any of this sound right?? Why would they not send a STB capable of HD to begin with?? Also the support tech wouldn't give me the brand and/or model of HD capable STB to buy. Any ideas??

Cheers and thanks!

Expert

Re: New to Xfinity X1 and HD question

jscott214 wrote:

Hello all. 

I had my Xfinity X1 TV and Internet installed yesterday. The install included a Pace PA PX022ANM STB. I attempted to access HD channels last night and I get the message that I need to upgrad my plan. I checked and my plan does include HD channels. I chatted with support this morning and they informed me that my STB does not support HD channels. The support tech also informed me there would be an additional $9.95 a month fee for HD and another $9.95 for the cable card. He told me I could buy a STB and would still have to lease the cable card from Xfinity. Does any of this sound right?? Why would they not send a STB capable of HD to begin with?? Also the support tech wouldn't give me the brand and/or model of HD capable STB to buy. Any ideas??

Cheers and thanks!

if your plan is an X1 entertainment package the device you have is known as an XG2 hub and is fully HD capable. If you call 800-Comcast and select billing they can confirm your plan features and verity the HD entitlements are set to on for your set top box. let us know what they found and how they fixed it if you have time. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Rustyben,

Below is a screenshot of my device specifics. I do not believe I have an XG2 hub. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comcast.PNG

Expert

jscott214 wrote:

Rustyben,

Below is a screenshot of my device specifics. I do not believe I have an XG2 hub. Correct me if I am wrong.

my xg2 has a long skinny power green 'bar' LED power indicator. The model you gave is a free-standing XD set top box. did you call 800-Comcast and select billing and talk to the representative?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello jscott214, I can get your questions and concerns addressed here. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hello jscott214, I can get your questions and concerns addressed here. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

ComcastAmir,

I have sent you the info as requested.

Thanks for your help!

Regular Visitor

Everyone,

Just wanted to update and say that the issue has been resolved. I do have an HD capable box but the HD service had not been turned on from Comcast's end. Thanks everyone for your help!

Official Employee

jscott214 wrote: Everyone, Just wanted to update and say that the issue has been resolved. I do have an HD capable box but the HD service had not been turned on from Comcast's end. Thanks everyone for your help!

I am glad that we got this issue taken care of for you, have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.