Community Forum

New service upgrade & DVR issue

Highlighted
New Poster

New service upgrade & DVR issue

Tried to call tech support because the usual troubleshooting does not apply to me. That was impossible. I currently have internet only and instant TV with my own modem. When I had Comcast reconnect me a few years ago they only reconnected in my master bedroom and not the living room. Didn't need it. Now as of a few days ago I upgraded my service to internet and X1 TV. I am still using my own modem which is located in my room. I was required to rent a DVR even though I do not want it. It has arrived and I'd like to use it in my living room. I can't connect it to my modem.  Can I get the cable connected in both rooms? Or am I stuck to just one room? Can I return the box? I'm watching TV through the App on my roku and everything is working fine. Just can't record shows and don't want to record anything either.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: New service upgrade & DVR issue

@jtwilde73 wrote:

Tried to call tech support because the usual troubleshooting does not apply to me. That was impossible. I currently have internet only and instant TV with my own modem. When I had Comcast reconnect me a few years ago they only reconnected in my master bedroom and not the living room. Didn't need it. Now as of a few days ago I upgraded my service to internet and X1 TV. I am still using my own modem which is located in my room. I was required to rent a DVR even though I do not want it. It has arrived and I'd like to use it in my living room. I can't connect it to my modem.  Can I get the cable connected in both rooms? Or am I stuck to just one room? Can I return the box? I'm watching TV through the App on my roku and everything is working fine. Just can't record shows and don't want to record anything either.

is there an outlet in the living room (coax)? have you tried connecting it to the DVR on the "IN" marked coax connector?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: New service upgrade & DVR issue

Yes and Yes. The problem is there is no "juice" to the coaxial cable in my living room. I need someone to come out and reconnect it. Everything works in my bedroom, but I want to hook up the DVR box to my living room TV.