Community Forum

New "FREE" increase in speed - NOT!

New Poster

New "FREE" increase in speed - NOT!

After restarting my modem, I see NO meaningful increase in speed.

I guess that's what you get when they are not even guaranteeing a minimum speed, regardless of what you are paying.

Regular Contributor

Re: New "FREE" increase in speed - NOT!

Had this problem last year.  Paid for 100 Mbps service.  Was achieving *only* 60 Mbps.  Determined our Netgear 10/100 Mbps router was the culprit.  After replacing it, we were achieving 120 Mbps on 100 Mbps service (20% overage by Comcast).  Rebooted today and have seen 180 Mbps (20% overage on 150 Mbps).

The above is through an Ethernet connection.  If you are testing the connection via wireless, there could be a lot at play affecting your tested speed.

Make sure your router (and modem) are not the bottlenecks to achieving the rated speed.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

Me again...and now MUCH better speed than before.  Basically doubled my wireless speed in office 40 feet across house from router.  Now 100Mbps vs 50Mbps before upgrade.  And, yes, that's good for a 40 foot wireless connection.  So I am a happier camper.

New Poster

So how did it get fixed?  What did you (or Comcast) do?