Community Forum

New home construction in Knoxville TN Help Needed

New Poster

New home construction in Knoxville TN Help Needed

We are in the process of building a new house in Knoxville TN area and need to request moving our Comcast service to the new house. I was told that the new address isn't servicable which I can understand since we don't have a mailbox and the home isn't finished yet. However there is another house on the same lot/property that we own which is serviced by Comcast and has current service. 

That specific pole is probably 100 feet from the back of the new house and doesn't cross a road or anything. It's simply part of the yard. In the beginning of building we also had a new pole set for power in front of our house. So I feel pretty positive there would be some options for us.

Is there someone I can contact to have a site survey done to check on getting my existing Comcast service installed/moved to the new address/house we're building. House should be finished in early to mid August. Thanks!

New Poster

Re: New home construction in Knoxville TN Help Needed

Is there anyone that can help me with this? I have an open ticket number for a new construction site survey but it's been nearly two weeks and I have no updates or no one assigned to the ticket. I am moving on Friday Aug 10 and I need my existing service moved to the new house. If there is anyone that can help me out, I would greatly appreciate. I have placed numerous calls and visited the local office several times and thus far have not gotten anything outside of my ticket being created. This process has been quite frustrating and so far no hope in sight.

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Have you got the address registered with the post office yet as an official address? That is one of the main things serviceability requests look at, so I would try to do that first, then call and either A) Update the current ticket. or Create a new ticket explaining all this info as well.
New Poster

I really appreciate the suggestion. I just submitted for the new address with USPS. I'll plan on calling to update the ticket on Monday letting them know I've done so. Maybe that'll help get this process going. My wife and I both depend on broadband to work remotely. Thanks again. If there is anything else I can or should do please let me know.