Community Forum

New customer pricing for existing customers

New Poster

New customer pricing for existing customers

Ive been with comcast for a while and after my promotion ended I never called back to get a new deal and the price has been going up and up plus the plans have changed so I realized my pricing structure is for the speed im in is way too high with comcast currently offers. I called up noticing that i could get 150mbps for $49.99 for a year contract instead of the $93 im paying for the 150 now. Although they said that was for new customers and the best I could get was $65 for a year contract. still better then what I was paying but way more then the new customer. Plus Att is offering a bundle of TV and internet for $65 plus 250 cash back. I tried to see if I could get the $50 deal and was denied and eneded up setting my account for cancellation on the 27th. I figured i would see if there was anyway to get the new customer pricing or anything before I made the switch. Seems a bit backwards to be honest. I would think Comcast would want to keep loyal customers more then trying to get new ones. (Yes i know att doesnt offer a 150 speed but they do offer a 75 which is plenty plus unlimited data when bundled with TV) 

Valued Contributor

Re: New customer pricing for existing customers

You are willing to cut your internet speed in half for that price, plus pay whatever installation charges they offer? Did you even check what the lower speed offers would be for you? 65.00 for 150 download speed isn't bad, but I am sure they could have done the 75 or 60 even cheaper.
New Poster

Yes I was with Att before with internet before I switched to Comcast and was more then satisfied with the speeds. I could downgrade to the 60mbps plan on Comcast but the prices I were given weren't much better. Installation bus actually free with online order. $65 is good but they are offering $45 for new customers. Even If I don't like Att for what ever reason I can move there for a year for $45 a month unlimited data internet and TV and if I don't like it come back to Comcast for internet at $45 for 150mbps. It's a pain but I've done it before. It's just sad neither company seems to appreciate longtime customers and would rather people switch back and forth. Just trying to look at all options before I have Comcast officially cancelled.
New Poster

That's what the $250 cash/card is, they use it for installation etc.