Community Forum

New construction - transfer service; Why is this so HARD???

New Poster

New construction - transfer service; Why is this so HARD???

Moved to a new construction house, where the address previously did not exist.  We get mail, gas and electric already.  The address does not show up on the online form and the agents I've spoken to on the phone don't help.  What can I do?  We need internet for work.  

New Poster

Re: New construction - transfer service; Why is this so HARD???

I have been trying for 2 months now to get service installed at my new construction house with no luck. I had a service tech working down the road from me and I asked him and he says it's a standard install but yet I can't get any answers from comcast.
New Poster

Re: New construction - transfer service; Why is this so HARD???

I don't understand why there isn't a simple process to do this.  It happens all the time.

Mine should be so simple.   My house was one of two houses built on a lot that previously had one house.  My neighbors kept the existing address (and have service already), we got the new address and don't have service.  

To make it even more ridiculous, this is in Chicago, where I can see the lines. They're hanging right above my garage, I can practically touch them.  Comcast is servicing nearly every house on my block and the surrounding blocks.  

How can I get this escalated to the right person?