Community Forum

New construction house

Regular Visitor

New construction house

I requested service back in April to be installed at my "new" home. I say new, because it has just been built. There is no cable from the street to my house. I am two doors down from where I had service previously. I was told by the sales people that there would be no problem in getting service to my house. A tech showed up to my house to activate a modem etc and noticed I did not have a cable from the street to my house. I told him that I told the sales people such. He put in a request to construction to have a line dropped. I never heard back from Comcast. A month later I called back and they sent someone out to repair my down line. I told them I did not have a line yet to be repaired. He said ok and drove away. I called again. Raised a stink and got someone to come back out. They measured the distance to the service last pole (across the street) and took reading at that location. He said that the signals were to weak to provide service and that it would have to go to construction, Again! Now once again, a month later, no word from anyone. 

Is it possible to get service a my new home? What are my options? Should I opt for business class service? How do I find out if construction is doing anything. Or did my request fall into a black hole because Comcast makes enough money with their current customers and do not wish to add any more. 

I need internet for my job, I am a network Engineer supporting a military installation and I cannot count on Verizon to provide reliable service that I am forced to use. 

[removed personally identifiable ticket numbers]

Official Employee

Re: New construction house

Hi CrazyRaven, I can make sure a line gets installed from the pole to your home. Can you please send me a private message with your full address by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved: