Community Forum

New construction, closing approaching, need answers right away PLEASE!

New Poster

New construction, closing approaching, need answers right away PLEASE!

Hoping someone can help, I am at my wits end. I am supposed to be closing on my home, which is new construction, on 7/13. I have made multiple calls to Comcast and also visited the local office a few times to try and find out how I can get service. No one seems to know. Every street around the one my home is being built on (and several other new homes) is serviced by Comcast. I can literally see a tap from my house, about 250-260 feet away. I have had two tickets open, and was first told that I had to get the power connected to the house. This has since been done and the power is in my name, even though I don't own the house. That was well over a week ago. I was then told that a construction crew would go to the house and check to see if it could be serviced. I am positive that it could be, even though cable will probably have to be laid for the entire street at some point. To this point I have heard nothing. All I am trying to do is find out if anything can be run to my home, even with a temporary drop to the house from the nearby tap. Every time my wife or myself call or visit, we get the same answers...which is basically that it's been escalated, wait for the construction crew, etc. I need answers or I cannot close on this house. I am supposed to close on it FRIDAY. My wife and I both work from home and no internet = no job = no home. I am willing to sign up for a long term contract if that's what it takes. PLEASE Comcast, can someone just tell me if the house can have a temporary drop done and if I can be up and running by July 31? I really need to know by 7/12 or I am going to have no choice but to walk away from my home, after 3 months of preparing to buy it. My ticket numbers are ER-1 046702392 (old one) and 046763183 (new one) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as time is running out for us!
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: New construction, closing approaching, need answers right away PLEASE!

Hi @Onceler

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: New construction, closing approaching, need answers right away PLEASE!

Hi onceler, thank you for reaching out and I will help review your open ticket for you and see what else is needed.  Could you please send me a private message with your name and address.

Thank you