Community Forum

New construction address registration

Regular Visitor

New construction address registration

I've been having an issue getting Comcast to recognize my address as servicable.  I've called numerous times with varying levels of success.  Some just tell me there's nothing they can do, I finally got someone to create a ticket over a week ago and was supposed to get a call back within 72hrs, but that never happened and when I check on the ticket, they say nothing has been done.

The ticket # is 045842214.

My neighbors on all sides of me are listed as servicable, and even though their houses are physically on the same street as me (which is classified as a private road), the city assigned their address on the main road while they assigned mine on the private road.  I'm guessing this is probably the biggest cause of the issue.  The house is not actually in a community or anything like that, but yes, the address is registered with USPS, and I was also able to get AT&T to register the house as servicable by them.

The house is scheduled to be complete around June 1st, so while this isn't urgent yet, at the speed this has been going (my first attempt at inquiring was last year), I'm getting worried.

Thanks!

-Brad

Expert

Re: New construction address registration

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

bradh352, let's check on the status of your serviceability request. Please send me a private message with your full name and the address of your new home so I can check. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

Look at the ridiculousness of this, comcast is telling me I'm still not servicable.  I can't fathom how they determine this.  Maybe public shaming will get them to take their heads out of their butts, or at least have someone from a local office contact me to explain instead of just saying "not servicable"!

comcast.png

Official Employee

bradh352, serviceability isn't determined by your neighbor's serviceability but by the distance from your home to the nearest plant. I've seen your private message and will follow up there. 

KenF