Community Forum

New construction Cable installation needed!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New construction Cable installation needed!!!!!

I need to have underground cable laid at my new house build. Conduits have been out in place by my builder. After 40 minutes of waiting to speak to an agent ,I finally got there and was told that they would generate work order and be back in touch with in 24 hours. That was over a week ago. There is absolutely NO LINK on comcast/Xfinity website to chase this down or set up service appt.  Today I tried t follow uo and was on hold waiting for an agent for 45 minutes . Frustrated and angry I then hung up.  Comcast is making it harder and harder to get personal REAL service. Unless this forum can steeer me in a DIRECT clear connection to get this work done, I will look to find  a new provider...

Highlighted
Expert

Re: New construction Cable installation needed!!!!!

@Mossycup wrote:

I need to have underground cable laid at my new house build. Conduits have been out in place by my builder. After 40 minutes of waiting to speak to an agent ,I finally got there and was told that they would generate work order and be back in touch with in 24 hours. That was over a week ago. There is absolutely NO LINK on comcast/Xfinity website to chase this down or set up service appt.  Today I tried t follow uo and was on hold waiting for an agent for 45 minutes . Frustrated and angry I then hung up.  Comcast is making it harder and harder to get personal REAL service. Unless this forum can steeer me in a DIRECT clear connection to get this work done, I will look to find  a new provider...

You're probably going to need a site survey done.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, Mossycup. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I'm so sorry to hear that this experience has been so messy for you and its definitely not what we want for anyone with us! I'd like to work with you to track down that ticket and make sure we get this work done quickly. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have had a ticket open for a couple of months with no reply. I have a cable box down the street from my home that is roughly 180ft away . I am looking for an update.

Thanks